How a Virtual Office in Ottawa Takes Your Home Business to a New Level
To work at home, or not to work at home? This question has been plaguing more people than ever since the invention of the internet, and especially those who run their own small businesses and start-ups. Modern technology continues to make it easier every day to convert your home into a fully-functioning office for your business, thanks to smart phones, Wi-Fi, and virtual office services. But these solutions aren’t for everyone, and each person must weigh the pros and cons of working from home for themselves.
For those enterprising individuals out there, we’ve put together a list of the advantages and disadvantages of working from home in the nation’s capital, as well as thoughts on how using a virtual office in Ottawa helps counter some of those disadvantages.
Advantages of Working from Home
- You can work to your own schedule, giving you greater flexibility to work around important appointments and other commitments.
- You don’t have to worry nearly as much about your wardrobe (or, for that matter, whether or not you could tame your bedhead).
- Without having to drive or otherwise commute to and from an office, you can spend more time on what matters, including breakfast and getting an early start on your work. Also, avoiding the 417 at rush hour? Priceless.
- If you’re the owner of the business, you can drastically reduce your overheads. Without having to pay for rent, electricity, phones, and internet at a second location, you can improve your business’s cash flow.
- You don’t have to worry about getting anyone else sick (or anyone else seeing your eating habits).
Disadvantages of Working from Home
- You may become easily distracted, especially if there is no one around to keep you to a schedule or if there are a lot of chores that seem easier than dealing with difficult client emails.
- You don’t have a professional setting in which to hold client meetings.
- Collaboration with coworkers becomes a bit more of a juggling act.
- It can become difficult to separate your personal life from your professional life.
- You may lose sleep overworking on something, since “taking your work home with you” has taken on a new meaning.
- Your business may be taken less seriously.
How a Virtual Office in Ottawa Helps
If you have your heart set on working from home, a virtual office is the perfect solution that allows you to get the best of both worlds. This is an office space that you only pay for on a per-use basis, with a co-working space for team meetings and meeting rooms to host interviews, clients, and prospective business partners. You also get access to a virtual assistant, who acts as a professional bilingual receptionist that can forward calls to you whether you’re at home or using one of the office suites, manage your schedule, and provide other essential services. Essentially, a virtual office gives you the power to work from home while still giving your company a professional appearance.
To upgrade your home business, look into a virtual office in Ottawa today.