- This event has passed.
understanding your work and leadership style (insight)
December 15, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
About this Event
Due to demand we have added a second date for this session, please go to this Eventbrite page for the additional date.
Developing Leaders Series
Developing Leaders Series (DLS) was designed for the senior management in small-mid sized enterprises (SME) including not-for-profits. The series focuses on peer-based learning and training on the most important leadership competencies.
Delivered via Zoom with interactive features, participants are encouraged to actively participate in the sessions including sharing their video to make the session a positive experience for all.
- 8:30 – Introductions
- 8:45 – Part 1, includes 1-2 break-out exercises
- 10:00 – Break
- 10:15 – Part 2, includes 1-2 break-out exercises
- 11:30 – Q&A & wrap-up
Understanding Your Work and Leadership Style (INSIGHT)
December 15, 2020
What is your leadership style and how can you be most effective in leading your team? How can you leverage those around you to effectively deliver on your Vision
This session will use the results from your INSIGHT assessment to help you understand your preferences in working with other people and how that can work for you or against you in many cases. We will consider your style by looking at four traits:
- Getting Your Way: How you express your thoughts, present ideas and assert yourself (Direct vs Indirect);
- Responding to People: How you approach and respond to others, particularly groups of people (Reserved vs Outgoing);
- Pacing Activity: How quickly you take action and make decisions (Urgent vs Steady); and
- Dealing with Details: How you structure your time, carry out projects and handle details (Unstructured vs Precise).
The session will also explore the following:
- how the environment (especially stressful situations) affect your behavior and may lead to overuse of your strengths;
- how to communicate better with team members having the same, opposite or different styles;
- how to work better with your leader/boss; and
- how to improve your team effectiveness.
This session will be led and moderated by Claude Haw.
There are four sessions in the 2020 Fall Developing Leaders Series. You can access the additional individual sessions here.
Please contact us with any questions via the ‘contact’ link at the bottom of this page. You can learn more about the Developing Leaders Series here.
Cancellations up to 7 days prior to the event are supported.BSG reserves the right to reschedule individual sessions if necessary although we will endeavour to adhere to the posted schedule.
No refund will be made for non-attendance on the day. We welcome a substitute participant if you cannot attend.
To assist us with improving future sessions, we may contact you for additional feedback.