- This event has passed.
The New Official Plan, COVID-19 and the Future of Living and Working in Ottawa – Live Presentation
May 19 @ 10:00 am - 10:45 am
The pandemic has caused a major upheaval in the way we live and work. As businesses begin to plan for the future and the opportunities of our post-COVID world, these changes will have a major impact on strategic priorities. Adding to the changing business environment is the launch of Ottawa’s new Official Plan, which has just been updated for the first time in 20 years. The new Official Plan provides a vision for the future growth of the city and a policy framework to guide the city’s physical development.
Join us on May 19th when GGFL’s Natalie Evans and guest Jacob Bolduc, Senior Planner with Ottawa-based Fotenn Planning & Design, discuss these changes and how they will impact living and working in Ottawa in the years to come. Topics covered will include:
- How the new Official Plan will impact zoning by-laws, main streets and transit corridors
- How demand and use of office space may change and what the impact will be on the downtown core
- The future of housing, including:
- What locations will be in demand
- How working from home will influence consumer demand
- The impact of redevelopment projects in Lebreton Flats and the Byward Market
Jacob’s insights into the future of living and working in Ottawa will benefit business leaders as they assess critical long-term strategic questions that will impact their operations in the years ahead.
Join us for the live discussion on Wednesday, May 19th at 10:00am.
No charge – free admission.